When the girls' volleyball team at my high school began winning state championships in the early 80s, I and the other members of my football squad were their loudest cheerleaders. Because we were a philosophical lot, we opted for cheers that got to the essence of the matter, such as "Greater number of points!" and "Do more stuff like that!".
It turns out that this makes a lot of sense in the guitar business, too: When our bestselling Taylor guitar is a mahogany-topped 12-fret, we Do More Stuff Like That. So when Taylor announced that the mahogany-topped Shaded Edge Burst 300s would be available in a 12-fret, it took me about 15 seconds to place our first order. And I'm glad I did—with the sweet tone of the mahogany/sapele combo filled out just a bit with some 12-fret warmth, this guitar is an affordable keeper.
• Back and Sides: Tasmanian Blackwood
• Top: Tropical Mahogany
• Nut and Saddle: Tusq Nut/Micarta Saddle
• Scale length: 24 7/8"
• Nut width: 1 3/4"
• Lower bout: 15"
• Body length: 19 1/2"
• Tailblock depth: 4 3/8"
• Frets to body: 12
• Bracing: Performance with Relief Rout
• Finish: Satin
• Binding: Black
• Fretboard: Ebony
• Fretboard Inlay: Small Diamonds
• Tuners: Classical Gold w/Synthetic Ivory Buttons
• Onboard Electronics: Taylor ES2
Ships with Taylor Deluxe Brown hardshell case
- Every US order is shipped free. It does not matter the size, weight, or value of the shipment. It all ships free to any US ZIP code. This includes Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO and territories like Guam and Puerto Rico.
If you choose not to keep this guitar for any reason, we will pay for you to ship it back to us. For more details, visit our Shipping and Returns page.
Please note that we cannot ship Taylor guitars to overseas addresses.