I've often said that the Rosewood 400s from Taylor are the hidden gem in their lineup. In fact, the 412-R is one of the better-reviewed Taylors that we sell. When they were first introduced, they had a list price well under $2000, which made them not only a hidden gem but quite a steal for a Rosewood guitar.
Rosewood pricing has gone up industry-wide, so these will set you back just a bit more these days, but the full rosewood tone and V-brace chime still make it more than worth it with this guitar. It's a keeper.
• Back and Sides: Rosewood
• Top: Sitka Spruce
• Nut and Saddle: Black Graphite Nut/Micarta Saddle
• Scale length: 25 1/2"
• Nut width: 1 3/4"
• Lower bout: 16"
• Body length: 20"
• Tailblock depth: 4 5/8"
• Frets to body: 14
• Bracing: V Class
• Finish: Gloss Top / Satin Back and Sides
• Binding: Black
• Fretboard: Ebony
• Fretboard Inlay: Renaissance
• Tuners: Taylor Nickel
• Onboard Electronics: Taylor ES2
Ships with Taylor Deluxe Brown hardshell case
- Every US order is shipped free. It does not matter the size, weight, or value of the shipment. It all ships free to any US ZIP code. This includes Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO and territories like Guam and Puerto Rico.
If you choose not to keep this guitar for any reason, we will pay for you to ship it back to us. For more details, visit our Shipping and Returns page.
Please note that we cannot ship Taylor guitars to overseas addresses.