The GS Mini is a marvel of engineering—I've said before that Bob Taylor told me it's the guitar he's proudest of in 40+ years of building. So it's only natural that Taylor would start experimenting with variations on this theme.
The latest result is this cool little acoustic bass. You'll pick it up and immediately start doing Violent Femmes covers, but I think it really shines with a light touch—in fact, given the slinkiness of the nylon-core D'Addario strings (developed specifically for this guitar), you'll find that a heavy touch makes things kind of slappy and buzzy (which of course has its place). The challenge of any acoustic bass—especially a diminutive one such as this—is to boast enough guts to substitute for an upright or electric, while maintaining actual bass-y tones. And, I have to say, Taylor has done exactly this with this new model. You're going to love it.
• Back and Sides: Layered Sapele
• Top: Sitka Spruce
• Nut and Saddle: Nubone Nut/Micarta Saddle
• Scale length: 23 1/2"
• Nut width: 1 11/16"
• Lower bout: 16 1/4"
• Body length: 20"
• Tailblock depth: 4 5/8"
• Frets to body: 14
• Bracing: GS Mini with Relief Rout
• Finish: Varnish
• Fretboard: Ebony
• Fretboard Inlay: 4mm Dot Italian Acrylic
• Tuners: Chrome (100/200)
• Onboard Electronics: Taylor ES-B
Ships with Taylor GS Mini hard bag
- Every US order is shipped free. It does not matter the size, weight, or value of the shipment. It all ships free to any US ZIP code. This includes Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO and territories like Guam and Puerto Rico.
If you choose not to keep this guitar for any reason, we will pay for you to ship it back to us. For more details, visit our Shipping and Returns page.
Please note that we cannot ship Taylor guitars to overseas addresses.