The GS Mini really is quite a remarkable instrument—in fact, Bob Taylor told me that he is prouder of this instrument than anything he has built his entire career. With a shorter scale and near-parlor dimensions (it's essentially a shrunken GS body), you'd expect that you'd have to sacrifice tone for portability with this guitar. While it is true that it doesn't boast the full tone of a larger instrument, the GS Mini really does have a whole lot of sound in that little box. When you consider the kind of craftsmanship you get for the price, it's hard to imagine a better small-bodied guitar for under $500—it's quite a bit better than even Taylor's own "Baby" models. Given the dimensions and quality of this instrument, I think it's the perfect guitar for young beginners, and I recommend it without reservation.
• Back and Sides: Layered Sapele
• Top: Sitka Spruce
• Nut and Saddle: Nubone Nut/Micarta Saddle
• Scale length: 23 1/2"
• Nut width: 1 11/16"
• Lower bout: 14 3/8"
• Body length: 17 5/8"
• Tailblock depth: 4 7/16"
• Frets to body: 14
• Bracing: X Bracing with Relief Rout
• Finish: Varnish
• Fretboard: Ebony
• Fretboard Inlay: 4mm Dots Italian Acrylic
• Tuners: Taylor Chrome
Ships with Taylor GS Mini hard bag
- Every US order is shipped free. It does not matter the size, weight, or value of the shipment. It all ships free to any US ZIP code. This includes Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO and territories like Guam and Puerto Rico.
If you choose not to keep this guitar for any reason, we will pay for you to ship it back to us. For more details, visit our Shipping and Returns page.
Please note that we cannot ship Taylor guitars to overseas addresses.