At the start of 2017, Taylor played some musical chairs with their lower-end tonewoods. The new CITES regulations meant no more Rosewood for the standard 200 series, and the Academy Series was given Sapele back and sides. So, with Sapele dedicate to a different series, what left for the 100s? Walnut, one of my favorite tonewoods.
Some folks have said that the woods in a laminate guitar don't matter, but I don't fin this to be true. Walnut brings its own flavor to the 100 lineup, and I really like it—it tames some of the brightess of Sapele, while adding some definite meat in the middle. Also, playing this version side by side with the previous, I'm convinced this is the louder guitar. Throw in this instrument's very attractive price point, and you have a guitar that's hard to beat.
- • Back and Sides: Layered Walnut
• Top: Sitka Spruce
• Nut and Saddle: Tusq Nut/Micarta Saddle
• Scale length: 25 1/2"
• Nut width: 1 11/16"
• Lower bout: 16"
• Body length: 20"
• Tailblock depth: 4 5/8"
• Frets to body: 14
• Bracing: Forward Shift
• Finish: Varnish
• Binding: Black
• Fretboard: Ebony
• Fretboard Inlay: 4mm Dot Italian Acrylic
• Tuners: Chrome 100/200
• Onboard Electronics: Taylor ES2
Ships with Taylor padded gigbag
- Every US order is shipped free. It does not matter the size, weight, or value of the shipment. It all ships free to any US ZIP code. This includes Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO and territories like Guam and Puerto Rico.
If you choose not to keep this guitar for any reason, we will pay for you to ship it back to us. For more details, visit our Shipping and Returns page.
Please note that we cannot ship Taylor guitars to overseas addresses.