If you've watched an of my videos or read elsewhere on our site, you know that I love Taylor 12-frets, and Taylor Grand Concerts. So this 12-fret 312 is the natural next step in our guitar inventory, and it really is a fine instrument—It comes in at a fair price, with a nice set of Sitka and a stained Sapele for the back and sides.
What surprised me when I first pulled this out of its case was its punch. I've been ordering so many 322 12-frets (those have mahogany tops), I think I just became accustomed to the warm thickness the mahogany top brings. So when that first strum on the Sitka-topped 312 leapt out into our shop, I was a little taken aback at all the sound coming out of this lower-end, smaller-bodied Taylor. It really is the kind of guitar that will give you the comfort and responsiveness of a fingerstyle-only sort of guitar, but with the headroom you hope for from a larger guitar. It's a keeper.
• Back and Sides: Sapele
• Top: Sitka Spruce
• Nut and Saddle: Tusq Nut/Micarta Saddle
• Scale length: 24 7/8"
• Nut width: 1 3/4"
• Lower bout: 15"
• Body length: 19 1/2"
• Tailblock depth: 4 3/8"
• Frets to body: 12
• Bracing: Performance with Relief Rout
• Finish: Gloss Top / Satin Back and Sides
• Binding: Black
• Fretboard: Ebony
• Fretboard Inlay: Small Diamonds
• Tuners: Taylor Slothead
Ships with Taylor Deluxe Brown hardshell case
- Every US order is shipped free. It does not matter the size, weight, or value of the shipment. It all ships free to any US ZIP code. This includes Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO and territories like Guam and Puerto Rico.
If you choose not to keep this guitar for any reason, we will pay for you to ship it back to us. For more details, visit our Shipping and Returns page.
Please note that we cannot ship Taylor guitars to overseas addresses.