The Mahogany+Blackwood combo has been one of Taylor's most successful. It doesn't matter the bracing, the trim, the body size, 12 or 14 frets—this wood combo is rich and meaty, with excellent balance and dynamics. This latest update (to introduce the V-brace) is no exception.
I appreciate the modest visual updates to this model—in addition to the V-brace-identifying black graphite nut, there's a new headstock inlay and black tuners. Not a major change, but a small refinement that I think improves the look. Also, while the new 314ce is noticeably heavier than its predecessor, this model maintains its Mahogany lightness, making it a joy to hold and play.
• Back and Sides: Tasmanian Blackwood
• Top: Tropical Mahogany
• Nut and Saddle: Black Graphite Nut/Micarta Saddle
• Scale length: 25 1/2"
• Nut width: 1 3/4"
• Lower bout: 16"
• Body length: 20"
• Tailblock depth: 4 5/8"
• Frets to body: 14
• Bracing: V Class
• Finish: Satin
• Binding: Black
• Fretboard: Ebony
• Fretboard Inlay: Gemstone
• Tuners: Taylor Nickel
• Onboard Electronics: Taylor ES2
Ships with Taylor Deluxe Brown hardshell case
- Every US order is shipped free. It does not matter the size, weight, or value of the shipment. It all ships free to any US ZIP code. This includes Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO and territories like Guam and Puerto Rico.
If you choose not to keep this guitar for any reason, we will pay for you to ship it back to us. For more details, visit our Shipping and Returns page.
Please note that we cannot ship Taylor guitars to overseas addresses.