Taylor's 12-string guitars are legendary for their easy playability, and the 356ce you see listed here is no exception. It adds a bright, almost jangly 12-string tone that is complemented nicely by the fuller body and note focus of the Sapele back and sides. I find that the tone sits right about halfway in between the bright chunkiness of the 150e and the thick balance of the 556ce.
One interesting note about the 356ce is that it's typically seen as quite a score on the used market, a great way to taste the Taylor 12-string goodness, often for under $1000. But considering that a new one of these comes in well under $2000, there's really no point in waiting for a used one to show up. If you're looking to step up your 12-string tone, you should jump on this.
• Back and Sides: Sapele
• Top: Sitka Spruce
• Nut and Saddle: Tusq Nut/Micarta Saddle
• Scale length: 25 1/2"
• Nut width: 1 7/8"
• Lower bout: 16 1/4"
• Body length: 20"
• Tailblock depth: 4 5/8"
• Frets to body: 14
• Bracing: 12 String w/Relief Rout
• Finish: Gloss Top / Satin Back and Sides
• Binding: Black
• Fretboard: Ebony
• Fretboard Inlay: 4mm Dots
• Tuners: Taylor Nickel
• Onboard Electronics: Taylor ES2
Ships with Taylor hardshell case
- Every US order is shipped free. It does not matter the size, weight, or value of the shipment. It all ships free to any US ZIP code. This includes Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO and territories like Guam and Puerto Rico.
If you choose not to keep this guitar for any reason, we will pay for you to ship it back to us. For more details, visit our Shipping and Returns page.
Please note that we cannot ship Taylor guitars to overseas addresses.