Taylor has spent the past 3 years rolling out upgrade after upgrade to their product line. Most models have seen substantial improvements, and I think the 400s benefited more than just about every Taylor series.
You'll notice the update as soon as you strum your first chord—there's definitely more fullness than in previous iterations of this guitar. The rosewood adds to this, bringing a welcome lushness and sustain. I've bragged about recent limited-edition versions of this exact guitar, with the prediction that rosewood 400s—all gloss, even—would make it into the standard lineup. I'm glad I was right.
- • Back and Sides: Indian Rosewood
• Top: Sitka Spruce
• Nut and Saddle: Tusq Nut/Micarta Saddle
• Scale length: 24 7/8"
• Nut width: 1 3/4"
• Lower bout: 15"
• Body length: 19 1/2"
• Tailblock depth: 4 3/8"
• Frets to body: 14
• Bracing: Forward Shift with Relief Rout
• Finish: Gloss
• Binding: Ebony
• Fretboard: Ebony
• Fretboard Inlay: 4mm Dots Faux Pearl
• Tuners: Taylor Nickel
Ships with Taylor Deluxe Brown hardshell case
- Every US order is shipped free. It does not matter the size, weight, or value of the shipment. It all ships free to any US ZIP code. This includes Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO and territories like Guam and Puerto Rico.
If you choose not to keep this guitar for any reason, we will pay for you to ship it back to us. For more details, visit our Shipping and Returns page.
Please note that we cannot ship Taylor guitars to international addresses.