When Taylor upgraded their 400s to Performance bracing a couple years back, the improvement was dramatic: Beter headroom, more expanded dynamic range, and an extra bit of low rumble. It really breathed new life into the occasionally-forgotten midsection of the Taylor lineup.
But when they starting adding Rosewood to the mix—at the exact same cost as Ovangkol—that's when they really cranked things up. I've said before that that first Rosewood limited edition 412R was the best inroduction of its product year. But then Taylor made Rosewood a standard feature, to much applause. In fact, this 414 in Rosewood reminds me of the pre-update 814s, guitars that even several years ago cost quite a bit more: It has great fullness, great punch, and rosewood lushness. I personally think it's the hidden gem in the Taylor lineup, and well worth grabbing.
• Back and Sides: East Indian Rosewood
• Top: Sitka Spruce
• Nut and Saddle: Tusq Nut/Micarta Saddle
• Scale length: 25 1/2"
• Nut width: 1 3/4"
• Lower bout: 16"
• Body length: 20"
• Tailblock depth: 4 5/8"
• Frets to body: 14
• Bracing: Performance with Relief Rout
• Finish: Gloss
• Binding: White
• Fretboard: Ebony
• Fretboard Inlay: 4mm Dot Italian Acrylic
• Tuners: Taylor Nickel
Ships with Taylor Deluxe Brown hardshell case
- Every US order is shipped free. It does not matter the size, weight, or value of the shipment. It all ships free to any US ZIP code. This includes Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO and territories like Guam and Puerto Rico.
If you choose not to keep this guitar for any reason, we will pay for you to ship it back to us. For more details, visit our Shipping and Returns page.
Please note that we cannot ship Taylor guitars to overseas addresses.