While I was walking through the expansive Taylor booth at the 2019 NAMM Show, I happened on a new model that hadn't been mentioned in any of the hype building up to the show. The Grand Pacific got all the press, but this guitar I picked up—it's the model you see here—sounded fantastic. My rep told me it was a limited edition of the standard 414ce, but with Black Limba back and sides.
My first thought was this was an X-braced model—it had the fullness and meatiness of the earlier rosewood 414, but it turns out that it's just the Black Limba back and sides. Something about this wood really punches up the lows and low mids, and even the overall volume. This guitar is really sweet. In fact, thinking about it now, maybe I should have ordered more than one...
• Back and Sides: Black Limba
• Top: Sitka Spruce
• Nut and Saddle: Black Graphite Nut/Micarta Saddle
• Scale length: 25 1/2"
• Nut width: 1 3/4"
• Lower bout: 16"
• Body length: 20"
• Tailblock depth: 4 5/8"
• Frets to body: 14
• Bracing: V Class
• Finish: Gloss
• Binding: Black
• Fretboard: Ebony
• Fretboard Inlay: Small Diamonds
• Tuners: Taylor Nickel
• Onboard Electronics: Taylor ES2
Ships with Taylor Deluxe Brown hardshell case
- Every US order is shipped free. It does not matter the size, weight, or value of the shipment. It all ships free to any US ZIP code. This includes Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO and territories like Guam and Puerto Rico.
If you choose not to keep this guitar for any reason, we will pay for you to ship it back to us. For more details, visit our Shipping and Returns page.
Please note that we cannot ship Taylor guitars to overseas addresses.