Taylor has redesigned their 600-series maple guitars, to much acclaim, and I'm the first to agree that this acclaim is totally justified. With torrefied (literally pre-baked) Sitka Spruce tops and new bracing for the maple backs, the only thing better than the tonal improvement is the cool new visual design changes. These include a gorgeous new stain for the back and sides—just check out that picture to the left—as well as new inlay and a striped ebony pick guard. I don't know why it took guitar builders so long to re-purpose their wood scraps into a beautiful design aesthetic, but the wood pick guards on Taylor's 800 and 600 series guitars just make so much sense.
It's worth noting that this 614 listed here is a particularly good iteration of the new design—with maple clarity to rival the earlier design, and a bit of low end boom reminiscent of the current 800 series (courtesy their shared Advanced Performance bracing), it's the best of the new 614s I've had a chance to play.
• Back and Sides: Hard Rock Maple
• Top: Torrefied Sitka Spruce
• Nut and Saddle: Tusq Nut/Micarta Saddle
• Scale length: 25 1/2"
• Nut width: 1 3/4"
• Lower bout: 16"
• Body length: 20"
• Tailblock depth: 4 5/8"
• Frets to body: 14
• Bracing: Advanced Performance with Relief Rout
• Finish: Gloss
• Binding: Ebony
• Fretboard: Ebony
• Purfling: Ivoroid
• Fretboard Inlay: Grained Ivoroid Wings
• Tuners: Taylor Nickel
Ships with Taylor Deluxe Brown hardshell case
- Every US order is shipped free. It does not matter the size, weight, or value of the shipment. It all ships free to any US ZIP code. This includes Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO and territories like Guam and Puerto Rico.
If you choose not to keep this guitar for any reason, we will pay for you to ship it back to us. For more details, visit our Shipping and Returns page.
Please note that we cannot ship Taylor guitars to overseas addresses.