I have to be honest: A year ago, I didn't stock much in the way of Taylor 700s. Given all the improvements to the 800 series—and the modest extra cost of stepping up to the 800—I always recommended the nicer guitars. But Taylor must have been reading my mind, because these new 700s have staked out new sonic and aesthetic territory, and I think they're fantastic.
The Lutz Spruce top thickens the tone relative to a standard Sitka top, making for a meaty, warm, and responsive guitar that is a joy to play—I'm not ashamed to admit it rather took me by surprise. Throw in some cool aesthetic touches, including Koa trim and a cool new pickguard design (although the guitar pictured here has no pickguard), and you've got a killer guitar at a good price.
- • Back and Sides: Indian Rosewood
• Top: Lutz Spruce
• Nut and Saddle: Tusq Nut/Micarta Saddle
• Scale length: 24 7/8"
• Nut width: 1 3/4"
• Lower bout: 15"
• Body length: 19 1/2"
• Tailblock depth: 4 3/8"
• Frets to body: 12
• Bracing: Performance with Relief Rout
• Finish: Gloss
• Binding: Non-figured Koa
• Fretboard: Ebony
• Sunburst: Western
• Fretboard Inlay: Abalone Reflections
• Tuners: Taylor Slothead
Ships with Taylor Deluxe Brown hardshell case
- Every US order is shipped free. It does not matter the size, weight, or value of the shipment. It all ships free to any US ZIP code. This includes Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO and territories like Guam and Puerto Rico.
If you choose not to keep this guitar for any reason, we will pay for you to ship it back to us. For more details, visit our Shipping and Returns page.
Please note that we cannot ship Taylor guitars to overseas addresses.