I've noted in other listings on our site that the current iteration of Taylor's 700 series really took me by surprise: What used to be essentially a bling-less 800 now stakes out its own tone and trim territory, with Lutz Spruce on the top, a cool new pickguard, and Koa trim. The Lutz adds just a bit to the mids, and a tiny bit of extra chunk to the lows, reminiscent of the 800 Deluxe models.
My early 700s were all GCs—natch—but this Grand Auditorium adds the expected beef and resonance to the tone. Its somewhat larger size undoubtedly makes it a bit more versatile if you're looking to dig in a bit. Plus, the well-kept secret is that this meaty, resonant tone comes in hundreds less than a comparable 800. You should definitely give this guitar a serious look.
- • Back and Sides: Indian Rosewood
• Top: Lutz Spruce
• Nut and Saddle: Tusq Nut/Micarta Saddle
• Scale length: 25 1/2"
• Nut width: 1 3/4"
• Lower bout: 16"
• Body length: 20"
• Tailblock depth: 4 5/8"
• Frets to body: 14
• Bracing: Performance with Relief Rout
• Finish: Gloss
• Binding: Koa (non-figured)
• Fretboard: Ebony
• Purfling: Koa
• Fretboard Inlay: Abalone Reflections
• Tuners: Taylor Nickel
Ships with Taylor Deluxe Brown hardshell case
- Every US order is shipped free. It does not matter the size, weight, or value of the shipment. It all ships free to any US ZIP code. This includes Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO and territories like Guam and Puerto Rico.
If you choose not to keep this guitar for any reason, we will pay for you to ship it back to us. For more details, visit our Shipping and Returns page.
Please note that we cannot ship Taylor guitars to overseas addresses.