When Taylor announced that their V-class lineup was expanding (I knew, of course, that this was already in the works), this was the first guitar I ordered. Knowing the now-established benefits of the 800 DLX models, I wanted to hear what the new bracing might add to one of Taylor's best.
And I think this instrument is probably the best example of what V bracing can do for a guitar. As with other V-braced guitars, it doesn't have quite the full low end of the similar X-braced models that preceded it, but it gains something that you normally only find on handmade guitars: Chime. It's that elusive, piano-like quality that comes from clear, bell-like notes that ring in congress with the rest of whatever chord you're playing. And it really is quite satisfying. This one's a keeper.
• Back and Sides: East Indian Rosewood
• Top: Sitka Spruce
• Nut and Saddle: Black Graphite Nut/Micarta Saddle
• Scale length: 25 1/2"
• Nut width: 1 3/4"
• Lower bout: 16"
• Body length: 20"
• Tailblock depth: 4 5/8"
• Frets to body: 14
• Bracing: V Class with Relief Rout
• Finish: Gloss
• Binding: Pale Non-Figured Maple
• Fretboard: Ebony
• Fretboard Inlay: Element
• Tuners: Gotoh 510
Ships with Taylor Deluxe Brown hardshell case
- Every US order is shipped free. It does not matter the size, weight, or value of the shipment. It all ships free to any US ZIP code. This includes Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO and territories like Guam and Puerto Rico.
If you choose not to keep this guitar for any reason, we will pay for you to ship it back to us. For more details, visit our Shipping and Returns page.
Please note that we cannot ship Taylor guitars to overseas addresses.