The Taylor 814ce has been their flagship guitar for many years. That Sitka+Rosewood combo is hard to beat for versatility and great tone. This current, V-class model (you can always tell the V-class guitars by the black nut) doesn't change the look and main features much—you still get the great tonewoods, the Ebony fretboard, Rosewood pickguard, gloss finish, etc.
Based on the several models that have come through our shop, I think Rosewood probably benefits most from the V-brace changeover. While they lose a bit of the lushness of the X-braced models, they pick up a bit of chime, which cuts through the mix nicely (something Rosewood guitars don't always do super well). You're going to love this guitar.
• Back and Sides: East Indian Rosewood
• Top: Sitka Spruce
• Nut and Saddle: Black Graphite Nut/Micarta Saddle
• Scale length: 25 1/2"
• Nut width: 1 3/4"
• Lower bout: 16"
• Body length: 20"
• Tailblock depth: 4 5/8"
• Frets to body: 14
• Bracing: V Class with Relief Rout
• Finish: Gloss
• Binding: Pale Non-Figured Maple
• Fretboard: Ebony
• Fretboard Inlay: Element
• Tuners: Gotoh 510
Ships with Taylor Deluxe Brown hardshell case
- Every US order is shipped free. It does not matter the size, weight, or value of the shipment. It all ships free to any US ZIP code. This includes Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO and territories like Guam and Puerto Rico.
If you choose not to keep this guitar for any reason, we will pay for you to ship it back to us. For more details, visit our Shipping and Returns page.
Please note that we cannot ship Taylor guitars to overseas addresses.