Taylor's Academy Series guitars are a welcome addition to their 2017 lineup. They're kinda–sorta aimed at guitar students (hence the name), and their price point is not the only thing attractive about them: Believe it or not, they're actually built to be comfortable. What a concept! With a right-arm bevel normally reserved for only high-end guitars, as well as a short scale for reduced tension, these Academy guitars make it easy for players at all levels to pick one up and start practicing.
And the best part is, these actually sound good, too. This dreadnought model is marked by a nice bit of punch, and resonant lows that you just shouldn't hear on a guitar under $500. Throw in an attractive Baltic Birch rosette and Taylor's new ES-B electronics (with a built-in tuner!), and you've got the kind of guitar that I wish I had when I was a student.
- • Back and Sides: Layered Sapele
• Top: Sitka Spruce
• Nut and Saddle: Nubone Nut/Micarta Saddle
• Scale length: 24 7/8"
• Nut width: 1 11/16"
• Lower bout: 15"
• Body length: 20"
• Tailblock depth: 4 1/8"
• Frets to body: 14
• Bracing: Academy
• Finish: Varnish
• Binding: None
• Fretboard: Ebony
• Fretboard Inlay: 4mm Dot Italian Acrylic
• Tuners: Chrome (100/200)
• Onobard Electronics: Taylor ES-B
Ships with Taylor padded gigbag
- Every US order is shipped free. It does not matter the size, weight, or value of the shipment. It all ships free to any US ZIP code. This includes Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO and territories like Guam and Puerto Rico.
If you choose not to keep this guitar for any reason, we will pay for you to ship it back to us. For more details, visit our Shipping and Returns page.
Please note that we cannot ship Taylor guitars to overseas addresses.