Well, here it is: The Cocobolo Taylor custom that I thought I wouldn't see for many, many years. The Adirondack/Cocobolo Grand Concert has been something of a Shoreline signature build in the past, but Taylor stopped offering Cocobolo, so I figured it would be quite some time before we could build one of these again.
But, my friends at Taylor know I'm a sucker for sapwood, so when they sent me a picture of this amazing back and sides set—I didn't know they had any available, much less a set like this—I snatched it up as fast as I could. It's unlike any sapwood I've seen from Taylor, with some cool spalting. It's stunning.
And what I could not have anticipated (since Taylor technically doesn't let dealers handpick tops) was the killer piece of Adirondack on this guitar. With an Engelmann-esque milky-white hue and even some medullary action, this is the nicest-looking Adirondack top Taylor has ever sent me.
Oh, and the guitar sounds amazing. This one won't last long.
- • Back and Sides: Cocobolo
• Top: Premium Adirondack Spruce
• Nut and Saddle: Bone Nut/Micarta Saddle
• Scale length: 24 7/8"
• Nut width: 1 3/4"
• Lower bout: 15"
• Body length: 19 1/2"
• Tailblock depth: 4 3/8"
• Frets to body: 14
• Bracing: Adirondack Performance Bracing (our first Adirondack/Cocobolo guitar to use this!)
• Finish: Gloss
• Binding: Rosewood
• Rosette: Rosewood Single Ring
• Fretboard: Ebony
• Fretboard Inlay: 2.5mm Abalone Dots
• Tuners: Gotoh 510 Antique Gold
Ships with Taylor Deluxe Brown hardshell case
- Every US order is shipped free. It does not matter the size, weight, or value of the shipment. It all ships free to any US ZIP code. This includes Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO and territories like Guam and Puerto Rico.
If you choose not to keep this guitar for any reason, we will pay for you to ship it back to us. For more details, visit our Shipping and Returns page.
Please note that we cannot ship Taylor guitars (or Cocobolo guitars, for that matter) to overseas addresses.