Koa has a rich and varied history in the Hawaiian islands where it grows: It was used by ancient Hawaiians to build outrigger canoes, and more recently for surfboards, ukuleles, and Weissenborn guitars.
Taylor's all-koa guitars build on this history (from an ever-dwindling supply of koa) with an established reputation for gorgeous looks and great tone. In addition to the koa top, back, and sides, the Taylor Koa Series guitars also feature the cool Island Vine inlay, an a great, chunky tone that blossoms with age. These are some truly sweet instruments.
- Grand Auditorium body shape
- Hawaiian Koa top, back and sides
- Island Vine fretboard inlay
- Taylor ES2 onboard electronics
- Includes Taylor hardshell case