Picture, if you will, an electronic device that can tell the difference between how your guitar sounds through a microphone, and how it sounds through the pickup you've been using all along. It records this difference in a WaveMap. This device can then reverse the difference when you're only using the pickup, and produce a sound that is remarkably like the mic sound you just taught it. The process only takes a couple of minutes, and it can be repeated indefinitely, so you can dial in your tone, maybe add different WaveMaps for different instruments.
There's a reason every band in Durango is clamoring to outfit every single one of their acoustic players with one of these: The ToneDexter really is all it's cracked up to be. Check it out.
• works on any acoustic instrument, with most active or passive piezo pickup systems
• stores 22 custom WaveMaps, selectable via 11 position rotary switch and bank select switch
• a mute switch that activates a built-in high precision tuner, accurate to within 1 cent
• a boost switch for solos with 0-8dB of settable gain via rear panel pot
• bass and treble EQ
• a sweepable notch filter for feedback suppression
• a character control which adds additional punch to the WaveMap
• latency less than 1ms
• an effects loop (TIP send, RING return)
• 1/4″ pickup input, high impedance (1MΩ)
• 1/4″ line output with output level pot on front panel
• XLR DI output, with rear panel option switch for fixed level or level that follows output level pot
• analog boost and mute circuits positioned after effects loop, so no headroom loss when boosting
• XLR mic input with 48V phantom supply, used for training
• headphone output
• phase (polarity) switch on rear panel
• +-15V internal supplies for professional headroom and dead quiet operation
• SD card slot for field upgrade of software
• 6.3″ W x 5.9″ D x 2.3″ H
- Every US order is shipped free. It does not matter the size, weight, or value of the shipment. It all ships free to any US ZIP code. This includes Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO and territories like Guam and Puerto Rico.
If you choose not to keep this preamp for any reason, we will pay for you to ship it back to us. For more details, visit our Shipping and Returns page.