This 12-fret OOO from Boucher preserves all the greatness you've come to know an love in their OM Hybrid guitars, and it shares its greatest likeness with the Rosewood version of that guitar, as you'd expect: Great playability, intonation, and balance, with great ring up and down the neck. But this one is definitely designed for fingerstylers, with wide spacing at the bridge—61mm.
12-fret guitars tend to warm up the tone a bit, since they move the bridge more to the middle of the top, bringing out the low end. But where I normally find that 12-fret builds beef up mostly the lows, I find that this build has thicker mids and low mids, which actually ends up filling out the tone more than you'd expect. It's a really nice take on the sort of guitar that has been among our bestsellers in this shop for years. You're going to love it.
• Back and Sides: East Indian Rosewood
• Top: AAAA Adirondack Spruce
• Braces: Adirondack Spruce
• Bracing Type: Hand Scalloped, Forward Shifted X
• Nut and Saddle: Tusq Nut / Bone Saddle
• Binding: Maple
• Tuners: Gotoh
• Scale length: 25 1/2"
• Nut width: 1 3/4"
• Width at 12th fret: 2 1/4"
• String Spacing at Bridge: 2.4" (61mm)
• Lower Bout: 15 1/16"
• Upper Bout: 10 7/8"
• Waist: 9 3/16"
• Tailblock Depth: 4 1/4"
Ships with Boucher / TKL deluxe tweed case
- Every US order is shipped free. It does not matter the size, weight, or value of the shipment. It all ships free to any US ZIP code. This includes Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO and territories like Guam and Puerto Rico.
If you choose not to keep this guitar for any reason, we will pay for you to ship it back to us. For more details, visit our Shipping and Returns page.
Please note that because of the rosewood in this guitar, we cannot ship it to overseas addresses.