Jean Larrivee has been building guitars for 50 years (he apparently started right about the time I was born!), and his legacy is long—just look at the abundance of Canadian luthiers who learned their craft in his shop. So, it's appropriate that he should celebrate with a primo guitar, highlighted by his wife Wendy's legendary inlay work.
This is undoubtedly the most tricked-out Larrivee I've ever sold, with one-of-a-kind (well, unique at least to these Limiteds) fretboard inlay, and private-reserve woods throughout. Its tone is rich, full, resonant, and full of sustain, definitely cranking up that L-09 / L-10 tone a few notches. With the possible exception of that Monkeypod Custom, this is the nicest Larrivee I've ever played.
The Limited Edition run number is also laser-etched on the headstock, and the case includes a 50th anniversary certificate personally signed by the entire Larrivee clan.
• Back and Sides: Master Grade East Indian Rosewood from Jean Larrivee's private reserve
• Top: Mastergrade Alpine Moon Spruce from Jean Larrivee's private reserve, hand voiced by Jean
• Bracing: Alpine Moon Spruce Parabolic Symmetrical Bracing completely handmade by Matthew Larrivee
• Headstock: 50th Anniversary Commemorative Headstock Inlay entirely hand engraved by Wendy Larrivee
• Fretboard inlay: Wendy’s Celtic Knot full length Mother of Pearl fretboard inlay (designed especially for this guitar), and matching Celtic Bridge Inlay
• Nut and Saddle: Bone
• Scale length: 25 1/2"
• Nut width: 1 3/4"
• String Spacing at Saddle: 2 1/4"
• Lower Bout: 16"
• Upper Bout: 11 5/8"
• Waist: 10 1/4"
• Tailblock Depth: 4 3/4"
• Tuners: JCL 18:1
Ships with Larrivee hardshell case
- Every US order is shipped free. It does not matter the size, weight, or value of the shipment. It all ships free to any US ZIP code. This includes Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO and territories like Guam and Puerto Rico.
If you choose not to keep this guitar for any reason, we will pay for you to ship it back to us. For more details, visit our Shipping and Returns page.
Please note: We cannot ship rosewood guitars overseas.