The two most common requests I get for variations on our bestselling Larrivee OM-40 are 1) Gloss finish, and 2) Walnut back and sides. So, when Larrivee said they had some really sweet-looking Walnut sets available, I immediately ordered this guitar.
Now, they wouldn't do a full gloss on this model, but they did gloss the top for me, and check out that walnut—what a set of wood to get on a guitar at this price point! Tonally, I often find that Walnut occupies a middle ground between Rosewood and Mahogany, with a bit more ringy meatiness than Mahogany, but a bit of restrained chunkiness relative to Rosewood. It makes for a really nice iteration of an already great instrument.
• Back and Sides: Flamed Walnut
• Top: Sitka Spruce
• Nut and Saddle: Bone
• Scale length: 25 1/2"
• Nut width: 1 3/4"
• String Spacing at Saddle: 2 1/4"
• Lower Bout: 15 1/4"
• Upper Bout: 11 3/4"
• Waist: 9 1/2"
• Tailblock Depth: 4 1/4"
• Top Finish: Gloss
• Back and Sides Finish: Satin
• Bracing: Scalloped Hybrid
• Tuners: Open Back 18:1
• Binding: Maple
Ships with Larrivee hardshell case
- Every US order is shipped free. It does not matter the size, weight, or value of the shipment. It all ships free to any US ZIP code. This includes Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO and territories like Guam and Puerto Rico.
If you choose not to keep this guitar for any reason, we will pay for you to ship it back to us. For more details, visit our Shipping and Returns page.