Dermot's 15-series Cedar/Mahogany guitars have been some of our bestsellers over the years. Along with its larger cousin the AJ15C, these instruments regularly contend for Best Guitar Currently In The Shop honors—when they're in the shop, that is, which is too rare these days.
This instrument is no exception to that rule—it rings with the usual McIlroy richness, but the Mahogany lends a bit more crisp, dry clarity than you find in the chunkier Walnut version of this guitar. It's awesome for fingerstyle, and a nimble light strummer.
• Back and Sides: Mahogany
• Top: Western Red Cedar
• Nut and Saddle: Bone
• Scale length: 25 1/2" (648mm)
• Nut width: 1 3/4" (45mm)
• Bridge spacing: 55mm
• Lower Bout: 15 3/4" (400mm)
• Upper Bout: 11 3/8" (290mm)
• Tailblock Depth: 4 23/32" (120mm)
Ships with Hiscox LiteFlite 5-latch case
- Every US order is shipped free. It does not matter the size, weight, or value of the shipment. It all ships free to any US ZIP code. This includes Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO and territories like Guam and Puerto Rico.
If you choose not to keep this guitar for any reason, we will pay for you to ship it back to us. For more details, visit our Shipping and Returns page.
Please note that because of the rosewood in this guitar (it's in the laminated neck and parts of the trim), we cannot ship it to overseas addresses.