If you've read my review for the Avalon L220, you know that I consider it to be one of the very finest guitars we stock, with great response, balance, beef, and volume. But that guitar is big—it's a true jumbo, after all—so if you're looking for something more in the Grand Auditorium / Mini Jumbo range, then look no further than this guitar.
While I'd say you lose just a bit of the guts compared to the larger body of the L220, you sacrifice none of the responsive richness, none of the balance, none of the dropped-tuning character. And you gain just a bit in the comfort deparment. As with all Avalons, this guitar rings forever, and lights up a room whether you're playing fingerstyle, strumming, or anywhere in between. It's a keeper.
• Back and Sides: East Indian Rosewood
• Top: Sitka Spruce
• Nut and Saddle: Bone
• Scale length: 25 1/2" (648mm)
• Nut width: 1 3/4" (44mm)
• Lower Bout: 16" (406mm)
• Upper Bout: 11 7/8" (300mm)
• Waist: 9 7/8" (252mm)
• Tailblock Depth: 4 3/4" (120mm)
Ships with Hiscox LiteFlite 5-latch case
- Every US order is shipped free. It does not matter the size, weight, or value of the shipment. It all ships free to any US ZIP code. This includes Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO and territories like Guam and Puerto Rico.
If you choose not to keep this guitar for any reason, we will pay for you to ship it back to us. For more details, visit our Shipping and Returns page.
Please note that because of the rosewood in this guitar, we cannot ship it to overseas addresses.