This Ard Rí custom guitar is the exact same instrument as our previous example here —minus the fretboard inlay—so I've just copied the description for this latest iteration.
Avalon guitars are, of course, exquisite instruments. When I see a cool set of tonewood, one of the first questions I ask is "How can I get Avalon to build a guitar with this?". Our previous experiments have been stunning, and the guitar you see listed here is no exception.
Steve McIlwraith showed me a bunch of sets of Indonesian Rosewood they're sitting on, and I knew I had to have a guitar (or several) built with this wood. So, I commissioned this cool custom you see here. And the tone? To die for. Lush, reverberant, with sustain that lasts an eternity. It boasts great clarity and volume, an Ebony-esque blend of the best aspects of Cocobolo (my favorite tonewood) and Koa or Blackwood. You're going to love this.
• Back and Sides: Indonesian Rosewood
• Top: Italian Alpine Spruce
• Nut and Saddle: Bone
• Scale length: 25 1/2" (648mm)
• Nut width: 1 3/4" (44mm)
• Lower Bout: 16 3/8" (416mm)
• Upper Bout: 12" (303mm)
• Waist: 10 1/8" (258mm)
• Tailblock Depth: 4 7/8" (124mm)
Ships with Hiscox LiteFlite 5-latch case
- Every US order is shipped free. It does not matter the size, weight, or value of the shipment. It all ships free to any US ZIP code. This includes Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO and territories like Guam and Puerto Rico.
If you choose not to keep this guitar for any reason, we will pay for you to ship it back to us. For more details, visit our Shipping and Returns page.
Please note that because of the rosewood in this guitar, we cannot ship it to overseas addresses.