The Boucher HG-56 is essentially the Studio Goose OOO 12-fret, but they've begun adding the Gold Touch finish to the AAAA Adirondack top, making this a bit different at least in the appearance department. It of course features impeccable workmanship, great playability, intonation, and balance, with great ring up and down the neck. Just a reminder, too, that this guitar is definitely designed for fingerstyle players, with wide spacing at the bridge—61mm.
12-fret guitars tend to warm up the tone a bit, since they move the bridge more to the middle of the top, bringing out the low end. But where I normally find that 12-fret builds beef up mostly the lows, I find that this build has thicker mids and low mids, which actually ends up filling out the tone more than you'd expect. It's a really nice take on the sort of guitar that has been among our bestsellers in this shop for years. You're going to love it.
• Back and Sides: East Indian Rosewood
• Top: AAAA Adirondack Spruce
• Braces: Adirondack Spruce
• Bracing Type: Hand Scalloped, Forward Shifted X
• Nut and Saddle: Tusq Nut / Bone Saddle
• Binding: Maple
• Tuners: Gotoh
• Scale length: 25 1/2"
• Nut width: 1 3/4"
• Width at 12th fret: 2 1/4"
• String Spacing at Bridge: 2.4" (61mm)
• Lower Bout: 15 1/16"
• Upper Bout: 10 7/8"
• Waist: 9 3/16"
• Tailblock Depth: 4 1/4"
Ships with Boucher / TKL deluxe tweed case
- Every US order is shipped free. It does not matter the size, weight, or value of the shipment. It all ships free to any US ZIP code. This includes Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO and territories like Guam and Puerto Rico.
If you choose not to keep this guitar for any reason, we will pay for you to ship it back to us. For more details, visit our Shipping and Returns page.
Please note that because of the rosewood in this guitar, we cannot ship it to overseas addresses.