The Mcilroy A25 may be the one guitar we sell that needs no introduction. Over the years it has been by far our best-selling Mcilroy, and for good reason: It's where the magic is. Most really good builders have some guitars that are better than others. I'm sure there's some explanation in physics, but it's just one of those things that players know as soon as they pick up a guitar. For Mcilroy, it is this guitar.
All Mcilroys boast lively, airy tone, with good balance and rich notes. But the walnut in this guitar gives the lows a real chunkiness that is unique to this instrument. That chunkiness slowly morphs into sparkle as you reach the higher strings, and these combine to give the A25 tons of character. While you will hear echoes of the Lowden ancestry in this instrument, it really does have a voice all its own.
• Back and Sides: Black Walnut
• Top: Western Red Cedar
• Nut and Saddle: Bone
• Scale length: 25 1/2" (648mm)
• Nut width: 1 3/4" (45mm)
• Bridge spacing: 55mm
• Lower Bout: 15 3/4" (400mm)
• Upper Bout: 11 3/8" (290mm)
• Tailblock Depth: 4 23/32" (120mm)
Ships with Hiscox LiteFlite 5-latch case
- Every US order is shipped free. It does not matter the size, weight, or value of the shipment. It all ships free to any US ZIP code. This includes Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO and territories like Guam and Puerto Rico.
If you choose not to keep this guitar for any reason, we will pay for you to ship it back to us. For more details, visit our Shipping and Returns page.
Please note that because of the rosewood in this guitar (it's in the laminated neck and parts of the trim), we cannot ship it to overseas addresses.