The Zoom A3 is without a doubt one of the most versatile preamps we sell. For folks who have the time and energy to learn its intricacies, it's a really powerful piece of gear at a great price. But a lot of players—myself included—just want something that makes my job onstage easier. I want to plug in, and not sweat learning all the settings and dials (this is part of why I so often play hybrid guitars onstage; they just get the job done without a lot of fiddling).
Enter the Zoom AC-2: Automated gain settings (the first time I've seen this under $200), automated feedback suppression, and all the best features I've come to hope for in a stage preamp. These include a bunch of quite good modeling presets, boost switch, built in muting tuner (that works!), stereo output, and multiple power options. I do wish it had phantom power so I didn't have to worry about wall warts or batteries, but this complaint is by no means unique to this preamp.
- • 16 source guitar type/body presets for accurate tone reproduction
• ¼” input
• XLR balanced out
• Two ¼” outputs for mono or stereo connection to guitar amps, headphones, and audio interfaces
• Reverb effect
• High-quality, low noise preamp
• Piezo/magnetic input pickup select
• 3-band equalizer
• Input and output gain/sensitivity adjustable via single volume knob
• Anti-feedback control
• Boost switch for up to 9 dB of additional gain
• Built-in chromatic visual-LED tuner
• USB connection for firmware updates
• Dual output jacks for connection to guitar amps and mono or stereo PA systems
• Three power options: 2 x AA batteries, the included Zoom AD-16 power adapter (9V DC in), or bus power via micro-USB port
- Every US order is shipped free. It does not matter the size, weight, or value of the shipment. It all ships free to any US ZIP code. This includes Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO and territories like Guam and Puerto Rico.
If you choose not to keep this guitar for any reason, we will pay for you to ship it back to us. For more details, visit our Shipping and Returns page.