Have you ever tried to take your McIlroy A25 onstage, only to find that the guitar is so repsonsive, with its airy, blossoming low resonance, that it tends to feed back? Well, this is the dilemma many of our customers have faced over the years: How do you get the legendary McIlroy tone onstage, but without the risk of feedback?
Enter the Performer models, which are a little shallower than the standard A model. Dermot shaves just a bit off the depth with the stated purpose of making the guitar more stage-amenable. The best part? While this model does tame those airy lows just a bit, it maintains all the McIlroy richness you've come to know and love over the years. I frankly think that this guitar is better balanced and punchier than the regular A25, making it a great stage option, but also just a flat-out great guitar.
• Back and Sides: Premium Flamed Black Walnut
• Top: Western Red Cedar
• Nut and Saddle: Bone
• Scale length: 25 1/2" (648mm)
• Nut width: 1 3/4" (45mm)
• Bridge spacing: 55mm
• Lower Bout: 15 3/4" (400mm)
• Upper Bout: 11 3/8" (290mm)
• Tailblock Depth: 4 1/8" (105mm)
Ships with Hiscox LiteFlite 5-latch case
- Every US order is shipped free. It does not matter the size, weight, or value of the shipment. It all ships free to any US ZIP code. This includes Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO and territories like Guam and Puerto Rico.
If you choose not to keep this guitar for any reason, we will pay for you to ship it back to us. For more details, visit our Shipping and Returns page.