The Mcilroy A30 is the instrument that got it all started for us. With full and lively tone, fantastic response and dynamics, and easy playability, it may be the most versatile guitar we sell. It's great if you're singing along with it, it's great in dropped tunings, and it's a lively instrument to hold and strum.
I occasionally tell the story of "the one that got away", that is, the guitar I really wish I had kept instead of selling. For me, that guitar was an A30C we had in the shop about 10 years ago. Dermot's guitars are all superlative, but to this day, that A30C was the best he's ever sent us. It's the only guitar I've ever taken from our shop to show all my friends (at least those who would care to have me go on and on about a guitar!). So I already have an emotional attachment to every A30C that comes into our shop.
But never mind my rambling reminiscences: This really is a fine, fine instrument, no matter what style of music you play. I recommend it wholeheartedly.
• Back and Sides: East Indian Rosewood
• Top: Sitka Spruce
• Nut and Saddle: Bone
• Scale length: 25 1/2" (648mm)
• Nut width: 1 3/4" (45mm)
• Bridge spacing: 55mm
• Lower Bout: 15 3/4" (400mm)
• Upper Bout: 11 3/8" (290mm)
• Tailblock Depth: 4 23/32" (120mm)
Ships with Hiscox LiteFlite 5-latch case
- Every US order is shipped free. It does not matter the size, weight, or value of the shipment. It all ships free to any US ZIP code. This includes Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO and territories like Guam and Puerto Rico.
If you choose not to keep this guitar for any reason, we will pay for you to ship it back to us. For more details, visit our Shipping and Returns page.
Please note that because of the rosewood in this guitar, we cannot ship it to overseas addresses.