As you no doubt know, the McIlroy A30C is one of our best selling guitars, and for great reason. But over at McIlroy Musical Instruments, their best selling spruce-topped guitar is the A36C you see here—Dermot says this is most of what folks are ordering these days.
So, needless to say, I knew I had to get one in my inventory (I've sold a bunch as customs over the years). I'd say the main difference is that the Italian Spruce softens the attack just a bit, making this just a hair more responsive to a light touch, almost like a cedar top. But it maintains the high headroom of a Spruce-topped McIlroy. What more could you ask for?
- • Back and Sides: East Indian Rosewood
• Top: Italian Val De Flamme Spruce
• Nut and Saddle: Bone
• Scale length: 25 1/2" (648mm)
• Nut width: 1 3/4" (45mm)
• Bridge spacing: 55mm
• Lower Bout: 15 3/4" (400mm)
• Upper Bout: 11 3/8" (290mm)
• Tailblock Depth: 4 23/32" (120mm)
Ships with Hiscox LiteFlite 5-latch case
- Every US order is shipped free. It does not matter the size, weight, or value of the shipment. It all ships free to any US ZIP code. This includes Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO and territories like Guam and Puerto Rico.
If you choose not to keep this guitar for any reason, we will pay for you to ship it back to us. For more details, visit our Shipping and Returns page.
Please note that because of the rosewood in this guitar, we cannot ship it to overseas addresses.