I think the Zoom H5 is probably the recorder that you're likely to be happiest with, mostly because I think it's a big step up from the H4nSP, but still costs $140 less than the top-of-the-line H6. It features the same interchangeable mic options as the H6, and the same rugged design—I can't tell you how addicted I've become to the simplicity of turning a sturdy dial to set mic levels instead of pushing a little button. If you're ready to get some decent live recordings of your acoustic duo you'd have a hard time doing better than this unit.
- Inputs: 2 hybrid XLR, 2 L/R (from mic capsule)
- Outputs: Line out, headphone, USB
- Adjustable X/Y mics on shock-mounted capsule
- Records WAV or MP3
- 15 hours battery life (2 x AA)
- Includes foam windscreen, USB cable, 2GB SD card, 2 AA batteries, carrying case